Wood stove to blame for fatal fire

The fire that left local farmer Stephen Harrigan dead was caused by a wood stove. That’s according to state investigators who’d been looking into the fire last Saturday along Route 190 in Bellmont. Officials ruled the fire accidental, but they couldn’t pinpoint exactly what happened to the wood stove that started the fire. Harrigan leaves behind two young children, eight brothers and two sisters. Funeral services are set for 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick’s Church in Chateaugay. The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations are being collected for an education fund for his children or should be given to the Chateaugay Fire Department.